Mayor DeBlasio and Richard Carranza, the New York City School Chancellor, have announced that NYC Public Schools will open later this month, surrounding lots of controversy. Nearly 70% of parents oppose opening schools and as of today over 40% of parents are choosing to have their children learn remotely from home.
This live discussion on VOICES of East New York with Nikki Lucas, included Principal Janet Huger of East New York Elementary School of Excellence, as the guest to discuss various options for sending children to school, including remote learning. Principal Huger answered questions by the viewers and clearly explained how parents can be involved and empowered to support teachers. This was a very informative segment for parents and teachers who are still unclear as to how the schools will open with safety controls in place. Watch the segment!
Watch past segments of VOICES of East New York
- Carpenters Union: The Importance of Unions, in General, and How To Join The Carpenters Union
- NYPD Lt. Edwin Raymond Talking About His Class Action Lawsuit Against NYPD for Racial Quota Arrests (NYPD Harassment)
- Executives from Powerful Women’s Membership Group 21 in ’21
- Shakeup Of Politics In Brooklyn Discussion With Voters And Publisher Of Kings County Politics On VOICES Of East New York With Nikki Lucas
- Mental Health Information Session With Gina Mckinney, LCSW
- Congressman Hakeem Jeffries
- Attorney Ed King on Evictions (Landlord and Tenant Issues)
- NYC Mayoral Candidate Joycelyn Taylor
- Entrepreneur & Business Information Session With CEO of Fusion East
- Hip Hop Artist & Producer KOTA The Friend on Being Independent
- Brooklyn DA Eric Gonzalez
- Senator Roxanne Persaud
- Senator Julia Salazar