photo of Linden Terrace in East New York
New York City has launched a new version of its Affordable Housing system to make the affordable housing application process easier, and more accessible and user-friendly. Take notice that even if you are registered in the current NYC Housing Connects System you must register to the new system to receive alerts about affordable housing that becomes available as of July 2020. Create Your New Account Here
- The original NYC Housing Connect will be phased out after all the rental opportunities currently posted on it are filled.
- Starting in July, 2020, all new affordable housing opportunities will be available on the new NYC Housing Connect.
- If you had an account on the original NYC Housing Connect, your applicant profile will not be carried over to the new website. Create a new account today!
New features of the website include:
- More affordable housing opportunities: In addition to new affordable rentals, the new website will also host homeownership opportunities and re-rentals of affordable homes that went through the lottery previously.
- Customizable search: Filter for the right opportunities directly on the website, searching by borough, income, household size, and more.
- Enhanced application process: We’ll help you calculate your income accurately and help you determine up front what you’re eligible for.
- Streamlined selection process: Submit documents electronically, receive real-time alerts for important deadlines, and move through the process faster.
- Mobile-friendly design: Apply more easily from the convenience of your phone or tablet.
Subscribe to EastNewYork.com for information about housing, health, politics, education, dining options, events and more.