787 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11238
56 Essex Street, New York, NY 10002
547 E 146th Street, Bronx, NY 10455
- Login or Register
- Click “View Details”
- Click “Opportunity Connect” on the left navigation
- Click “Upcoming Events”
- Select “Healthy Homes Hiring Event 2020”
- Click “View Details”
- Click “RSVP”
Community Service Aide: NYCHA has established the Healthy Homes Unit (HHU), which reports directly to the General Manager (or COO) and performs work on the operational side of environmental hazard compliance. Within the HHU, the Lead Hazard Control Department, (LHCD) works to visually assess paint conditions annually at all NYCHA developments and conducts lead dust wipe clearance at all NYCHA developments.
Incumbents will utilize handheld devices for entry of data into the Maximo work ticketing system and also perform other duties as needed, including but not limited to the following:
These are temporary positions for a duration of 6 months with possible extension for additional duration.
• Perform visual assessments of paint conditions in apartments.
• Perform lead dust wipe clearance in apartments.
• Distribute notices for work conducted.
• Keep records of visual assessments and dust wipe clearance documentation.
• Communicate with residents to obtain apartment access.
• Complete simple reports on activities performed.
• Travel within the five boroughs to perform assigned tasks.
Resident Communications Associate: The Healthy Home Unit, reporting to the Vice President for Healthy Homes, oversees operationalizing environmental hazard compliance efforts. The Office of Mold Assessment and Remediation (OMAR) is responsible for overseeing performance management, performing quality assurance and providing technical assistance to support Public Housing Operations for mold remediation at NYCHA. OMAR also oversees 3rd party mold assessor, remediator and ventilation contracts.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrator, Program and Field Managers in the Mold Response Unit, the position will be responsible for coordinating mold and leak response to the Revised Baez Consent Decree partners such as the Ombudsperson Call Center (OCC), NYCHA Residents, NYCHA Operations, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the supervision of Senior Administrator, Program and Field Managers, use communication tools such as phone and Maximo Asset Management system to coordinate completion of mold and leak work order tickets, while communicating effectively and coordinating schedules with residents, property management skilled trades and OCC;
- Log transpired communications into record-keeping systems;
- Evaluate and adjust programs for quality, effectiveness to meet the resident and Authority needs;
- Perform other clerical support duties as assigned, including general recordkeeping;
- Perform other related duties.
Good evening to whom it may concern I was a food monitor for nycha and for dycd at the community center had 20 sites in Brooklyn