New York City has created Cooling Centers throughout the city, including senior centers, libraries, schools and community centers. During this current heat wave this is the perfect time to stop in to cool off.
Below is a list of Cooling Centers in East New York.
Times vary and they might change. Click here for daily updates on the NYC Cooling Center Finder
- J.H.S. 292 – 301 VERMONT STREET, Brooklyn, NY 11207 (8am-6pm Sunday – Friday)
- P.S. 13 Roberto Clemente / 557 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, Brooklyn, NY 11207 (8am-6pm Sunday – Friday)
- Arlington Library / 203 Arlington Ave Brooklyn, NY 11207 (7 days per week, various times)
- Penn Wortman Senior Center / 895 Pennsylvania Ave., Brooklyn NY 11207 (Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-5pm)
- Cypress Hills Fulton Senior Center (SENIORS ONLY) / 3208 Fulton St, Brooklyn NY 11208 (Sunday-Friday / Sun-Mon – 10am-6pm / Tues-Fri 8:15am – 4:15pm)
Leave a Reply