As part of Colon Cancer Prevention Month, here is a Healthy NYC tip:
A diet rich in fruits, whole grains and vegetables appears to lower the risk of many cancers, including colon cancer. Vegetables most likely to help prevent colon cancer are:
A diet rich in produce may be beneficial, in part, because these foods tend to be high in folate, a B vitamin.
Go out and get your vegetables today, but Colon Cancer Screening is an important part of prevention as well.
Call Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams’ office at (718)802-3847 to setup a Colon Cancer Screening appointment, at one of the medical centers listed below. They will work with you to schedule the appointment.
- New York Presbyterian- Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Brookdale University Medical Center
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center
- NYC Health & Hospitals- Coney Island
- Interfaith Medical Center
- NYC Health & Hospitals- Kings County
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- NYC Health & Hospitals- Woodhull
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Content Distributed by NYC Newswire
Leave a Reply